Nellie's Nest Cage-Free Eggs make better recipes
|To the left are links to recipes sent to us by friends and customers. We have our favorites, but we want to hear what you like to cook with Nellie's Nest Eggs. Please submit your favorite egg recipe including title, description, list of ingredients, directions, number of servings and cooking time. And don't forget to include your name, e-mail address and mailing address.|
Panini Perfecto Breakfast Sandwich
12 Nellie’s Nest Cage Free eggs, beaten
6 ciabatta rolls
¾ lb. thinly-sliced rosemary ham
6 slices of provolone or havarti cheese
Rosemary-infused olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Lightly brush cut surfaces of bread with oil.
2. Scramble eggs in small batches, as needed, on grill or in spray-coated pan until firm throughout with no visible liquid egg remaining. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
3. Assemble sandwiches layering 1 1/2 oz. of ham, approximately 2/3 cup cooked eggs and 1 slice cheese on cut side of each bread bottom. Close with roll/bread top.
4. Cook on grill or in panini press until cheese melts and sandwich is browned and heated through. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 sandwiches.
Pasta Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
Ready in just 20 minutes, this salad is an excellent source of protein, Vitamin A, folate and choline. There is no cooking involved other than boiling the eggs. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
6 oz. uncooked wheel-shaped pasta, cooked and drained
1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
¾ cup chopped tomato
½ cup shredded carrot
6 hard-boiled Nellie’s Nest Cage Free eggs cut into wedges
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. water
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
¾ tsp. garlic salt
1. Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl until blended.
2. Combine pasta, broccoli, tomato and carrot in large bowl and toss. Pour dressing over pasta mixture, and toss until evenly coated. Add eggs and toss briefly.
3. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to blend flavors.
4. Serve on fresh spinach leaves.
Total fat: 15g
Saturated fat: 3g
Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
Monounsaturated fat: 8g
Dietary fiber: 3g
Vitamin A: 3,109.9 IU
Vitamin D: 61.5 IU